Thursday, 12 January 2012

Front covers
View more presentations from Kaydraze
">

1 comment:

  1. What did I discover about the magazines themselves ?

    The first of the magazine analysed in this slideshow is called 'rolling stone', I initially thought that it was a magazine that just focused on hip hop/rap music until I done further research where I then found that the magazine doesn't focus on one particular genre of music yet it focuses on what ever seems the most popular in the US at the time the issue is released or being composed. after looking at several issues of the magazine I also noticed that the masthead is in different colours from issue - issue, this tells me that although its a masthead it is not a housing style as it has variety of styles and doesn't stay the same.
    The Second magazine in the slide show is a rap magazine called 'The source', on the issue I used for the analysis the is a red boxes around some of the text the boxes on the right hand third are just boxes filled with red how ever the boxes under the main title 'Lil Wayne' are slightly transparent which allows the reader to still see the image underneath & the box at the same time.
    The last magazine analysed is a hip/hop magazine called 'Hip hop connection', one thing that I noticed on the magazine is that it has a long name and the designers have managed to put the whole name into the masthead this is done by putting the word 'connection' into the letter 'P', not only does this look good but it is also a great way of using space and putting a large title in a small area.

    How will this impact on the magazine you are creating ?

    The first point I mentioned in the previous paragraph of the magazine not focusing on one genre will not have no affect on my magazine as my magazine is going to be a rap magazine yet it does reinforce an Idea I had of allowing the public to give their thoughts in some way this is because it backs up the idea of variety in a magazine.
    The change of colour of the masthead from issue to issue also gave me thoughts of variety, maybe I could somehow allow a variety of logos in my magazine; this could be done by changing the colour of the magazines logo from page to page or somehow changing its appearance (if its on every page).
    I like the idea of partly transparent boxes in the 'The source' magazine and I want to included these in my magazine in some way or another, I like this idea because it keeps the reader's attention as it makes them spend time looking at it because on first sight the box maybe seem like it isn't transparent but then they may notice that one part is darker or lighter than the other this is why it is a nice way of capturing and maintaining reader's attention & focus.
    I am going to recreate the great idea from the masthead of the 'Hip hop connection' magazine in my magazine I'm going to do this because the title of my magazine could be a bit space consuming and I think that it look attractive for the readers.

    ReplyDelete