Friday, 10 February 2012

Rapublic front cover

2 comments:

  1. For a guy as good at Photoshop as you this is way down on what I expected. There is still a problem of the subject not fitting with the background (white simply doesn't work). The banner would probably work better in the other direction to follow line of the shoulders and swoosh (but which Rap mags use banners anyway?).

    The masthead is very good but you knew that already.

    Skyline?
    There is loads of empty space; more cover lines?
    I am = I'm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that the mast head is the most successful part of my front cover first draft, I gained the idea of putting the 'ublic' in the letter 'P' from one of the magazine front covers that I analysed (Hip hop connection) I used this idea because I thought it was attractive and it made the masthead less space consuming at the same time as including the whole name of the magazine. I also think that the colour theme I used on the small right hand third is good as the colours used stand out on the contrasting background of the subject is the main images jacket (black). I gained the idea of having a colour theme of only three colours in my magazine from the same music magazine front cover that I previously mentioned (Hip hop connection).
    I think that I could improve my magazine front cover by changing the background colour to a more lively colour or by changing the main image to an image which has the background included in it as this would make it look more professional and neat.

    ReplyDelete