Friday, 10 February 2012

Rapublic double page spread

2 comments:

  1. The article is too short. Because it's too short, you have it in a large font and in a small box on the page to make it look less short. It doesn't work I'm afraid.

    The image works very well but looks disconnected from the other page. Check the background colour of the article page and think about how you could draw the two pages together so they feel connected.

    The masthead on the DPS? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A successful aspect of my double page spread first draft is the image used on the left page, I think the image is successful as it looks like it was professionally taken and I airbrushed the image to make the subject look like they have flawless skin which makes the subject look more like a real rapper. I also think that the quote on the left page is a success as it would grab the readers attention and make them read on & it maintains the colour theme that I was using (Red, Black & White). I gained the idea of putting a quote on the left page over the image from a rap magazine called 'XXL' which uses this in one many of their double page spreads.
    The final aspect I believe is a success is the black boxes I used to outline the main article I think it is a success because it looks good and it not commonly used, I came up with the idea because I noticed many double page spreads use a outline of some sort around their main article yet they go around the whole article and I wanted to find a way to outline my article but make the outline unique at the same time.

    I could improve my double page spread by making the article longer and giving it more of a story/meaning, I also need to include the opinions of the public as that is the one of the key features of my magazine and I it would be good if i could come up with a way to link the two pages together.

    ReplyDelete